Last updated: June, 2023
Customer Satisfaction is one of OTA Insight’s highest priorities. Our Customer Satisfaction score has been at or above 95% for many years. Our response time to requests for help via chat are between 2 and 3 minutes, often faster. As we grow, we find expectation management is also critical to ensuring continued Customer Satisfaction. The following technical support policy is intended to ensure you understand the conditions under which we provide you and your team with technical support.
OTA Insight will continually update and enhance all products with the following:
- Application updates, fixes, security alerts and critical patch updates
- Tax, legal and regulatory updates (availability may vary by country and/or program)
- Integrations with most new third-party products/versions (availability may vary by program)
- Major product and technology releases, if and when made available at OTA Insight’s discretion, which may include general maintenance updates, selected functionality releases and documentation updates
Additionally, OTA Insight will provide the following Customer Care services:
- Assistance with chat requests 24 hours per day, 6 days a week
- Access to product and new feature tours and searchable library of help articles
Third Party Vendor-Specific Support Terms
You must remain on a supported environment – including applications and platforms – to receive technical support. If a vendor retires support for its product, you may be required to upgrade to a current certified and supported product, application, hardware platform, framework, database, and/or operating system configuration to continue receiving technical support services from OTA Insight.
For clarity, this means that OTA Insight can not help where issues are caused by third party products in your environment. These may include, but are not limited to, network errors, hardware faults or reboots, report failures, access changes, scheduled outages, failure to follow vendor best practices*, and in rare circumstances unusual third party (e.g. PMS) configurations or use cases requiring further custom development by OTA Insight. Where possible when issues are found to be caused by third party vendors, OTA Insight will suggest workarounds or alternate configurations.
*Not Following Third Party Best Practice Examples:
- Revenue Insight receives daily transactional Data at an individual reservation level with the creation date and the respective status of the booking activity from the Opera database. If reservations are deleted no further transaction or activity is recorded against them. As a result, Revenue Insight will not receive an update about the deleted reservations, therefore they will permanently remain in a deducted status in our system and be included in our figures. This means we will show a discrepancy between our data and Opera reports, such as the History & Forecast, as this will no longer include the room nights and revenue of the Deleted reservation. Requests to “fix” this issue caused by you or your users will not be accepted. We advise hotel users to adhere to the standard Opera PMS procedures of using the cancellation functionality to ensure data integrity and accuracy are maintained.
- You transition to a new PMS without notifying OTA Insight until after the transition is complete. In some cases, we will be unable to make a transition to the new system without losing the historical data from the prior system. An initial report pull from the outgoing system is recommended to prevent data loss.
- You utilise a PMS for timeshare and hotel units can cause issues with the way data is displayed and are typically unable to exclude specific inventory types (room codes).